- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels cut off cob
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice bacon into small (1/2 inch) pieces and fry in saucepan until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Leave 1-2 Tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan, add garlic, onion and corn kernels. Saute about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Wash green beans and remove ends. Place beans in microwave-safe dish, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 minutes (until bright green and crisp tender). Toss with butter and place in serving dish. Spoon the corn mixture over the green beans and sprinkle with bacon bits. Serve.